Windham believes that everyone has a duty to protect the environment.
For our part, we:
- Recycle all cardboard waste
- Purchase recycled paper products (30% post-consumer content)
- Recycle empty ink cartridges
- Have installed recycling bins in the lunch rooms and work areas of each of our buildings to collect aluminum, glass, and plastic containers
- Have installed automatic, motion-sensitive light switches in our offices to conserve energy
- Use Energy Star rated equipment whenever possible, ranging from computer equipment to facilities. Windham is committed to environmentally safe computing, down to recycling disposed electronic equipment.
100% Wind Power
Windham exclusively uses wind-generated power. By purchasing Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) from Community Energy, Inc., we compensate for 100% of our power usage--an act that annually saves the equivalent of 780 acres of trees (or 2 million miles of driving). This use of green power has earned us an EPA Green Power Partnership as a member of their Green Power Leadership Club.
How Can I Help?
Below are some small steps that will make a big difference:
- Recycling at work: ensure that there are paper recycling bins close to desks or printers
- Ask your employer for separate recycling bins for glass, paper, and plastics
- Encourage your boss to purchase office paper with a high recycled content
- Wherever safe to do so, turn off all unused electrical equipment overnight or when not in use - especially computer monitors and other equipment that gets left on standby
- Switch off lights not being used
- Reduce the size of documents and print double-sided to save paper
- Add the slogan "Think before you print" to the bottom of e-mails
You can also visit the following websites for tips on successful recycling:
“Our office has been very pleased with Windham’s customer service over the years. Our client representative is a true partner and a great resource for us. Even better, their recovery rates are always consistent as well.”
University client since 2002
1-2-3 Easy pay
You're just a few simple clicks away!Pay your bill online anytime, any day. 24-7
Discover how Windham is saving
the equivalent of 2 million miles
of driving per year.